Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

I know--I'm a little early but I wanted to share my Thanksgiving blessings today.

A little history . . . my husband lost his job last year due to the economy. We ended up going to SC for 6 weeks and lived in an extended stay hotel while he bid out a church.

Then came Thanksgiving. There is nothing lonelier than sitting in a restaurant surrounded by families with children and grandparents and knowing not a soul. I missed my state, my home, my daughter and familiarity.

So this year, as I set my table, I feel more gratitude on a holiday than I have felt in my entire life. Tomorrow, two young men we know will share our meal with us. My family won't be here but compared to last year--this is a huge blessing!

Sometimes we have to miss something before we realize how much we really have. I think I learned that lesson last year but it makes this year all the more sweeter!

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Sweet! Hoping for a great day of blessings 'round the table. :)

BiPolar Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! May God bless you and your family!!!

Renee Collins said...

It's so true. There is something important about being in a home that we love for the holidays.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Melissa Amateis said...

I'm so glad you'll be able to spend the day at home. :-) A true blessing to count!

Janna Leadbetter said...

That's great, Terri! I hope it's a lovely and blessed day for you. :)

Kathleen said...

So sweet. Your loss has become your gain. How like the Lord!

Be blessed, today and always,

Kathleen

Vickie said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Terri.

Blessings,
Vickie