Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mousing around


My mouse is dying. I wriggle the wire and it revives only to die again when I least expect it.


We bought my husband a new one yesterday—the outing was to find me one but his had a different plug (mine is a USB) and so we bought his at Target, drove back to Kmart where mine would be cheaper and found out there weren’t any. By this time, dinner called and I wanted to go home.


So I had to resort to using that annoying pad under my thumbs. The one that makes my letters jump all over the page. The one that I didn’t realize had a shut off when I bought this laptop and had to go back to the store and complain that I needed another key board for it to work. Imagine my surprise when the young know-it-all techie showed me the off switch.


If I don’t have the right tools, I don’t want to do the job.


One of the tools I need to write with is a head filled with great ideas. Today all my head is saying is, “Find a cookie and eat it.” Earlier, it said, “Work out since you haven’t in over a month,” but I politely ignored that one.


So my brain will try to revive itself for the rest of the day.
I wish I had one of those off switches.

12 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I need a shut off switch, too. My often tells me I need chocolate.
;-)

Kathleen said...

Oh, but the cookie idea is so much better!

Ever since hubby installed a wireless mouse, as well as a wireless router, I am one happy camper! I can cart my laptop all over the house and use it. Or I can sit at my desk and mouse-away to my heart's desire.

Sometimes I'd just rather have a cookie ... mouse or no mouse.

Yolanda said...

Perhaps the cookie was eaten by the mouse. ;-(

Janna Leadbetter said...

Okay, if you guys find the off switch for chocolate, I could use a few pointers... ;)

Ginger said...

I'm having the same cookie issues today!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

It's so frustrating when you don't have the right tools or they fail to operate correctly. Hope your mouse will lead you where you need to go! :)

Anonymous said...

I just ate a cookie...lol. Oh Terri, I'm so sorry you are having a bad day and don't those know-it-all techies raise your bloodpressure some time. I'm married to one...lol.

Carmen said...

Are you sure that's your brain you're listening to? Cos it sounds suspiciously like mine!

Angie Ledbetter said...

I'm ashamed to admit I've almost devoured a whole CAN of chocolate covered cashews over a week's time. arghhh! Delete! Delete!

My sister got me a wireless mouse last week. It's the coolest thing ever. :)

Great Grandma Lin said...

try writing morning pages about why you don't want to work=sometimes it helps to break the roadblocks. a wireless mouse sounds fun...

Jenni James said...

Hahahaha! Am I supposed to laugh? I found this so funny and ironic! LOL! If i wasn't meant to laugh then sorry, I'm not.. honestly! LOL! Jenni

Beth in NC said...

The cookie does sound good.

I have an idea. Out fox the mouse and just buy a lap top and don't use a mouse anymore! :o) That will teach the rascal. Throw him in the trash!