Thursday, April 09, 2009

A This and That Day

I am pretty excited today. I'm going to meet some friends from cyberspace--some writing blogger friends. Several of us are going to meet for dinner and share and learn from each other. So my day is planned around that and I won't get much else done. Watch for pictures as I'm sure someone will take some.

And--have you noticed my new counter to the right? I haven't ever used one before and thought I might. I wish though there were an easier way to do it besides cut and paste each time. Suggestions? I started this book last Tuesday. It's women's fiction and as I said in another post, I am writing this one the way I want. I also outlined most of it and I find it is flowing much more faster and easier than my others. The storyline is also one I like--one I won't be embarrassed to pitch or say I wrote. That says a lot there!

And thank you to all those who commented on my book giveaway. I'll be notifying the winner this Saturday.

Other good news-- for those of you who I know prayed--- my mammogram was great! Praising God for that one!

Happy Writing--Tell me your this and that!

17 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Praise God, indeed! Wonderful news, and I hope you have a wonderful dinner with your writing buddies.

Greg C said...

That is awesome news. I am not sure what you are trying to do with your counter but I might be able to help, I will do some searching for you. So where are we going for lunch? :) Ok not this time but sometime when I am down your way, I would love to get some pointers.

Melissa Amateis said...

So glad your mammogram was fine! PTL! Enjoy your day with your writing friends - may it leave you refreshed and energized!

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow, should be an incredible day with good health news and friends to share thoughts with. have fun!

Renee Collins said...

Oh, I LOVE meeting cyberfriends! Have fun, Terri!

And, also I'm so excited for you starting your new book! That's fantastic. I am so glad that you are writing the book your way. That makes all the difference. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hope your meeting is great! Such good news on your new project too. Yay!

Jessica Nelson said...

Woohoo! You are tearing through that WIP! Awesome. I wish I knew an easier way too. Let me know if you find it.
Can't wait to see you all this evening!

Saleslady371 said...

How blessed are you to be able to meet in person some blogging buds. Have a wonderful dinner together. The counter is above my head; I'm not the sharpest tack in the box. But the header on your blog is gorgeous and peaceful. I look forward to hearing about tonight's gathering.

Saleslady371 said...

How blessed are you to be able to meet in person some blogging buds. Have a wonderful dinner together. The counter is above my head; I'm not the sharpest tack in the box. But the header on your blog is gorgeous and peaceful. I look forward to hearing about tonight's gathering.

Kathleen said...

My kinda day! Friends, stimulating conversation, food.

My this-n-that has to do with work, and getting ready for the weekend. Our church of 2,000+ will host six services, which means LOTS of prep work ahead of time, especially since we set up & tear down in a high school each week (but we're about to break ground on our OWN building!!).

I have houseguests too, so that's a "this" ...

All in all, a really rich week!

Be blessed,
Kathleen

P.S. Woohoo! about the test results.

LisaShaw said...

PRAISE THE LORD ON YOUR MAMMOGRAM!!!

Enjoy your friends and share with us.

Love you much!

Slendarella said...

Okay, where do you get a counter like that????

Also - HOORAY for the clear mammogram. I have a routine appt too soon...hate them! But, grateful I know I'm healthy!

Peace & Green Eating! slendie

Carol said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. Have a wonderful Easter holiday.

Tana said...

congrats on the good news!

Linda Hoye said...

Have a wonderful time this evening!

Alleluiabelle said...

Terri,

I am so thankful to the Lord that your mammogram was normal! I was praying for you and the outcome. It's late now for me. I trust that your day went well with meeting some of your writing blogger friends from cyberspace. I'm anxious to hear about it and if pictures were taken, to see them too.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

So happy to hear your good news that your mammogram was normal!