Monday, June 06, 2016

Around the Corner--An update



I can't believe six months have flown by. I promised myself to update this blog occasionally and I think that time has arrived.

We have moved again! We left SW Florida behind to move to the NE coast of Florida. Another husband job change--one I can report he loves. February proved to be a rugged time for us as we lived in an extended stay hotel, applied for a loan and finally purchased a home. Finally is the word as we didn't want to pay rent any longer while we worked in Florida.

For over two months, we renovated the house. Painted, put in flooring, cleaned and updated. I loved the experience. Now I'm decorating with thrift store finds for when we sell someday. Yes, we still own our PA home that we now call our retirement place.

As for writing, I'll finish my edits this week on The Bend and send it to my editor before handing it back to my agent. Publication takes time starting with a good story. Hoping my current story will find a home soon.

But God has given me so many fun activities to do along with writing. I'm redoing furniture, learning photography and playing my guitar. Sunday we visited a new church. Hopefully, we won't need to visit any others.

I never thought I'd be living in this part of Florida. Never thought I'd ever own two homes after our loss in 2007. I never thought I'd be enjoying so many new hobbies.

But as I always say: God knew.

Keep your eyes open. You never know what is around the next corner.

7 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

It has been a crazy six months! Lots of history and memories being made. I know I will find The Bend on a bookstore shelf in the near future.

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Well, I am happy to hear you are feeling at home in Florida. Keep blogging!

Great Grandma Lin said...

I've enjoyed coming along on your journey of faith!

Melissa Amateis said...

I've watched your progress via Facebook and I have to say, I am truly in awe of the tremendous energy you and your husband had in tackling this project! It turned out wonderfully. :)

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I know what it takes to renovate a house. My hat's off to you, friend. It's wonderful to hear the happy tone in your writer voice. I'm looking forward to reading your new book. :)

Jeanette Levellie said...

I admire you for all your creative undertakings, Terri! My husband and I can't even replace wallpaper without a "heated discussion." Hats off to you and Curt!

Karen Lange said...

I agree, you never know what our faithful Heavenly Father has in store for us. Hope you had a great summer! :)