Saturday, March 01, 2008


I got an update this morning on my email--one I was hoping to come. I sent a story this past fall to an anthology and my story has made the second cut. If I get a contract this month, I'm in . . . if not . . . I'm out. Part of me likes knowing my story has made it this far, but somehow the wait to know makes it even tougher. Would it have been better to be out right at the beginning or be given this nugget of encouragement only to be far more sadder later?

For now, this method tells me quite a lot. My story is good enough to compete with some so I guess I've improved. The story can always find a home elsewhere if not in this book. And finally, I've learned a new aspect of submitting--sometimes you wait even longer.

No comments: