Wednesday, August 27, 2008




I promised myself I would never do this but alas; the grandmother bug found another victim. Toys R Us-- remember the fun you used to have going there with your own children?


"Get out of that!"


"It isn't your birthday yet!"


Oh--but it all changes when you are called Grandma. Toys take on new meaning--does he want that? yes, I think so--that one there too. Look at him climb in this playhouse. Are you sure you don't have room in your apartment for it?


I would have bought the entire store if I thought it would have made him happy. But it probably wouldn't have. He only wanted to play with his grandparents a little longer.


Now what on earth does this have to do with writing?


Everything.


5 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Beautiful post. May you have many many hours of play with that sweet little bundle. (And thanks for visiting our blog!)

SHARLENE said...

Hey, Terri, thanks so much for the birthday wishes and tell your hubby I wish him a happy "belated" day as well!

I loved reading some of your recent posts and particularly today's, as I can so relate about the "toys for grandbabies" and never thinking they have enough. We still have the toy box my daughters used, and some of their old toys, but we've also replenished it with plenty of new ones; so many, in fact, that I had to go to Target to buy another toy box for the overflow. hahaha. We grandparents are pathetic.

Joy Hugs...

Joanne said...

Great pictures! From one writer to another, love your last two lines. They are absolutely true,

Janna Leadbetter said...

Aw, so sweet. Helps me understand my mom's perspective when it comes to my two girls. :)

Anonymous said...

And you haven't shared this at FW? (shocked emoticon!) Too adorable Terri and I'll bet you have a wonderful time with him.

Read the article. How dare they not put your pic aling with it!!!! (yes, too many exclamations)

Maybe I'll pop in sometime if I can find it.

Love,
Pat