Saturday, August 29, 2009



Idaho Territory, 1885



Brooke Marie Baker, eighteen, has been sent west as a mail-order bride. As the stage nears Greer’s Ferry, where she is to meet the man she’s pledged to marry, she tries to swallow the lump of nervousness in her throat. Can it be any worse than living with Uncle Jackson…or Hank? she wonders. All men are the same, aren’t they? But with her parents and sister dead, she has no choice.



Sky Jordan, a rancher, holds a single, yellow daisy in his hand as he watches the ferry cross the river. Ever since he’d found out his surly cousin, Jason, had sent for a mail-order bride, his mind and heart had been ill at ease. No woman deserves to be left with the likes of Jason. But now he questions his own plans to claim the bride for himself. Why am I drawn to this woman I don’t even know?



A wounded heart. Desperate choices. Unfathomable love.

Set in the adventure and danger of the Wild West.




I love to introduce new books that my blogger friends have published. Meet Lynette Bonner who has written her first book in the Shepherd Heart series. You can read more about her writing and life experiences here.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds great. Thank you!
Blessings, andrea

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm new to your blog. Thank you for the intro to the book!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Looks great.

How's your WIP coming along?

Julie Gillies said...

This book DOES sound good, Terri. I think I'll add it to my Christmas wish list. Thanks!

Lynnette Bonner said...

Hello everyone, Thanks for your kind comments and support. I'll be drawing from all those who leave a comment and sending a random winner a free copy of the book in an email attachment next Saturday.

Jessica Nelson said...

I'm seeing her all over! Woohoo for her! :-)
And very nice of you to feature the book.

Mary L. Briggs said...

Sounds like a great book. I love 'western' historicals. I'm just starting on writing my first one, so I'm reading all I can find.

Susan R. Mills said...

This the second review of this book I've seen on blogs this week. I can't wait to read it.

Keli Gwyn said...

The blogosphere is buzzing with posts about Lynnette's book. Two words grabbed me: mail-order bride. Those are my all-time favorite stories. Rocky Mountain Oasis is on my Gotta Get It list.

Lynnette Bonner said...

Hello everyone, just dropping back in to announce that RoseMary won the free e-copy of Rocky Mountain Oasis. :) Congrats, RoseMary! I hope you enjoy the story, I'll get it off to you right away.