Monday, June 28, 2010
5 Ways to Drive your Spouse Crazy with your Writing
I've got an easy going husband and he seems to be my biggest supporter of my writing endeavors. But anyone, even me, can push it too far.
Here's the FIVE ways I do:
1. Read my WIP aloud during his favorite TV show. Can I help it if I hate Jeopardy?
2. Tell him not to call me during the day unless he was arrested or in an accident. I might be in the middle of writing a really good scene.
3. Borrow his stash of back-up discs and then forget to return them where I got them. I won the battle this week. He put them in my office.
4. Get up in the middle of the night to write something down that I know I won't remember later. I'm sorry he gets up at five AM and I don't.
5. Read him a portion from my romance WIP and then ignore his little love notes he leaves in my laptop the next morning.
So ok. Living with a writer takes some adjustment. But so does living with a golfer. I won't mention the clubs leaning in front of a bedroom mirror or the one in our TV room in case he needs to practice a shot or the buckets of golf balls cluttering my garage or the books on golf and magazines piled on the coffee table. We won't go there.
When was the last time your writing drove your family a little crazy?