Friday, July 07, 2006

Well, I made all the arrangements and I am going to the Writer's Conference myself. Going alone is something I haven't done in a long time. One gets dependent on others around you and I am feeling the need to break out of the box a little. I get excited when I think about meeting so many other writers with like thoughts and also the possibility of speaking in person with a publishing house. I already am wondering which articles to take and which articles will meet their needs. Along with what to wear, what to read on the plane, oh the fun of traveling.

2 comments:

Venice said...

Terri,

I'm excited you're getting to go to a writer's conference...
Your blog's lookin' real good...
You live in Clermont, Ga??!!
That's wonderful!!! We're moving (in 6 months) to nearby Dahlonega (just north of Clermont).

We'll have to meet someday! You're the closest writer I've found in Georgia...so cool that you live in Clermont! (That's the Clermont just norteast of Gainesville, right?) We'll be practically neighbors!

Venice said...

Ooops!
Terri,
I reread your post...You don't live in Clermont, Ga, but Clermont, Florida (I know where that is, too...)
We'd ever considered living near there as there's a great retirement community there...(but couldn't take the heat (& got tired of worryin about hurricanes) anymore...
Sorry I got overexcited when I heard Clermont...Now I do remember that you live in Florida. It's a wonderful place, especially in the winter! We know some folks who retired there & love it. (We lived in Palm Beach Gardens, FL for 28 years.)