Monday, July 10, 2006

I read a funny story today about a woman who decided to be a freelance journalist and then discovered that TV had all these talk shows on all day; that she didn't have to get dressed if she didn't wanted to; and that she could break for lunch, go to the gym or lay out in the sun. Consequently, she accomplished nothing until her son asked her what she did now that she quit her other job. She then made a list of 5 items to complete each day, beginning with prayer, and ending with writing and sending 5 articles out a week.
I could never send out that many out let alone write that many but this story did remind me that gluing myself to my seat and following through on my commitment to write is a daily task. Then the phone rang and it was my best friend. Ugh!. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: