Saturday, January 12, 2008

Clips

My husband walked into my office this afternoon carrying a large manila envelope. "I'm sorry," he said as he held it towards me.

"What are you talking about?" I searched my memory for a reason he was sorry I was getting mail. Nothing came to mind.

"Your book - they sent it back." His lower lip fell in empathy.

I ripped the package open. "I never send my manuscript by mail - I use the Internet." I probably should have played along...a rare form of sympathy for my writing is hard to come by. "It's my copies." A year ago, I'd sent in a story for Sunday school take home papers. Today I got to see the finished product.

Monday's a new week and I look forward to what it will bring. With several dozen stories out there, each day brings new ups and downs. Yes, my manuscript (one of them) is out there and the day will come when I either write another rejection blog or perhaps it will be one of celebration. Either way - God still brings a new day full of blessings.

No comments: