Monday, May 05, 2008

Are You Preparing?

A woman I know from another writers' group called me to see if I wanted to give a talk to their group about how I got my book published. In return, they would give me a nice critique and tell me if I have a chance at speaking or not.

Of course, I agreed. I might not have said yes a month ago but after standing in front of a group of strangers at Toastmasters--I think I might be able to just get through it without falling over.

Sometimes opportunities come our way and we quickly say, "No, I can't do it!" I have wanted to share what God has laid on my heart with writing and moments we go through for a long time. But I needed to practice and learn my craft and overcome some fears first. I still have a long way to go but at least I'm getting ready.

Are you?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hi terri, I just popped over from writer Interrupted, to say hello! I'll be back again for a closer look!