Wednesday, June 11, 2008

For the love of a good goal

I'm that kind of person. Goal-orientated. Could be from my background as a counselor. I always had to have ongoing goals for all my clients. Could be just me--I need a two-year plan or life seems pretty boring.

Writing goals? Always. Either daily, weekly or yearly--I need to feel I am pushing forward and learning as much as I can so that I can do the very best that I can.

How do I do that? A zillion ways. I read, I join, I blog and I write. Something--every day. No--it's not to keep my husband from asking what I did today. I write because I've chosen to do it. And because I've chosen to make good writing my goal--I need to take the necessary steps. It doesn't come by osmosis.

I see where I've come after three years and I appreciate it. But I also see where I can be in three more years. As a Christian writer--I pray and hope and desire that what I put down on paper might make a difference in a life.

1 comment:

TAILS of TANKENE said...

You are so right. We need to set goals and than check them off when completed!Thank God for post-its. My goal is to keep adding to my gardening and spiritual reflections blog designsnatural.blogspot.com and hopefully send out some positive energy to others on their faith journey.