Saturday, July 12, 2008

Count Down

I'm interviewing fourteen or so writers starting Monday. A good friend of mine wrote and told me not to be nervous--be myself. Good advice. I've already imagined worst case scenarios--my new digital recorder dies a fast death on the table between us. I accidentally delete hours of interviews. I don't recognize the author I'm supposed to meet outside the media room. I drink way too much water and discover a bathroom break doesn't occur for another hour!

So I have a vivid imagination. I think we all do when faced with a new situation in our lives. Yesterday, my Women of Passions book arrived. I grabbed my chair on the patio and began to read figuring a break would do me good. I can't remember the name of the story today but I can remember something the writer wrote. "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." Sounds like me-- pretty unequipped--both in writing and in my interviewing techniques. Oh how this sentence ministered to me.

Monday morning at 9:45 when I'm setting across the table from one of my heroes, I'll remember those words and then whisper another prayer.

No comments: