Monday, September 01, 2008

For Him

On the mornings my husband is still home when I wake up, he brings me my computer while I'm still in bed. (Oh the life of a queen.)

Today, something I read, reminded me that everything we do or the choices we make should be to glorify God.I make choices about what I will write on this blog each time I bring it up on my screen. I try to keep it about my writing journey but sometimes I slip like I did with the post about my visit with my grandson.

I am going to slip again today but I feel the nudge to do so.

A year ago, on August 29th, our lives changed dramatically.

As the anniversary of this day approached, I prayed and prayed to God that He would show us His power and grow my faith that He was still in charge of our lives.

The day began with more trials. My heart began to doubt and flail against more pain. But I prayed harder and offered Him all my faith that He knew what we were going through.

I want to write that He answered my prayers that day in a wonderful way. Despite a setback, God heard my prayer for a new hope.

It took me a few minutes to realize what He'd done-- so caught up I was in relief that the anniversary would now hold promise instead of pain. So often I forget who is in charge. But when I did-- It renewed me for the battle.

So today I want to publically give God the glory for orchestrating even the smallest details of our lives. He indeed has a purpose.

Have a good Labor Day-- and remember that we never labor in vain.

1 comment:

Janna Leadbetter said...

How amazing, Terri, that He reminded you of His presence, just when you needed it most.

I've struggled a lot over the last year in truly understanding that even when we can't "feel" Him, He's still there... He's just testing our faith, to see how we'll handle our distance from Him. Will we be ever faithful? Or lose sight of His love? We have to simply KNOW He's there. Always.