Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's up Wednesday!

Right after I posted yesterday about having thick skin, I opened my email and found a rejection letter from Chicken Soup. To be honest--I knew I wouldn't get into that book as it was the cancer one and the story I sent didn't exactly meet their guidelines. So it was one of those okay rejections.(I don't get those kind too often, unfortunately.)

If you want to get into Chicken Soup though, you have to send and send and send some more to every book you might possibly have a story. I have two stories coming out in the Empty Nester one next month and a few more possibles in some future books. They have a three step process so you never really know if you made it until close to the actual publishing date which could be a year after submitting.

I also took a good look at what I accomplished this week so far in my goals. Making good headway with my hard copy revisions. I'm reading out loud three chapters a day and making the changes.

And finally--an update on my one and only query. Nothing yet as there were others before mine to review as per the agent.

How's your week going so far? Are you achieving the goals you set for yourself on Monday? Have you written a new story to submit or polished up an old one to recirculate? Have you finally called yourself a writer and taken the plunge to do something about it this week?

I can't wait to hear how this week is shaping up for you! Be encouraged!

3 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

You're really making strides! The weekly goals are a really good idea. May have to try it. My week's been full of little projects to take care of and lots of editing stuff. Next week, I'm going to put aside time to query, do market research, and just WRITE.

Joanne said...

Yes, I'm meeting my goals, slow and steady here. Nearly done with the revision outline, ready to dig in with the writing! Fingers still crossed on your query!

Janna Leadbetter said...

I'm feeling good thus far, too! I've already accomplished the small goals I set for myself, and have made decisions that will facilitate the larger ones.

Thanks for sharing a little of the ins and outs with Chicken Soup. I've not had any luck with their pubs, though like to submit, and hearing the time frames helps understand why I haven't heard back from other similar books I've submitted to. :)

May the rest of your week be blessed!