Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm not conforming...really

Why does the month of January force one to take stock of their life?Every year. Not just personal, but the usual physical examination - like I better get more real about my exercise program? My husband came home with an elliptical last night - it lays in a heap - half put together on our garage floor. He is excited. I'm slightly hesitant being that I am a treadmill mama...I can dance on the treadmill - can't quite do that when I am skiing on an elliptical.

He got the kind with a built- in fan - as if that 8"x 8"thing will really do anything in the 99+ temps in Florida this summer. My garage has no air but I refuse to let him put it in the family room after noting his drenched shirt after a go on one at the gym. Yes...we still have a gym membership - but this machine is for those days when we can't drag ourselves to it. That's the plan anyways.

I am the type of person who would much rather take stock of my emotional status rather than body. But I suppose they go hand in hand. If I look good - I feel good - it also means I don't have to go out and shop for new clothes this summer. darn.

No comments: