Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Monday on Tuesday

We had a holiday yesterday - Martin Luther King's birthday...so we knew the mail would be late and a bigger pile today.

At around three o'clock, I sat at the computer chatting with a friend about a book we submitted. From the sounds of her e-mail, neither of us got accepted or we would have heard by now. So I dragged out my submission notebook and I checked the NO column. Then my husband dropped an envelope in my lap. I tore it open to find a check from a publisher I'd sent a story into three weeks ago. Hurray! It's another Monday!

I've learned over the past three years to always expect surprises when I submit. Some stories will find an immediate home, others will have to be sent out a few places before they are adopted. But God knows where each story should end up. I 'm glad He does...it keeps me sane.

2 comments:

Lynda Lee Schab said...

This is so awesome, Terri! Woo-hoo! Gotta love those Mondays! :-)

AudreyO said...

Wow...how exciting. I've never been paid for my writing, but you and Lynda both are very encouraging.

Audrey :)