Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Standing on His Promises

Tonight I speak at a Writer's Group for the first time. I am excited about the opportunity to share and thankful that fellow writers are willing to encourage me in my endeavour to learn how to speak without fainting!

Eventually every writer will need to market their new book. Along with that necessity, they will need to convince readers why they should even bother to read their book. To do that, the writer should be able to speak without being boring, bragging or redundant. Not an easy task to be sure. Hopefully, I won't have everyone searching the clock or excusing themselves to use the bathroom.

I do plan to be brief and offer some methods that I used to increase my chances at getting published. I'm sure most of the writers present will be familiar with most of what I share, but I've found that sometimes hearing it again brings back new hope and a surge of energy.

Hopefully, I will encourage at least one writer as many have me in the past years.

No comments: